I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Purchasing achievements- a do or a don't?

As a constant pugger, I find acomplishing certain ahievements to be near impossible, if not downright completely impossible.
Usually the fault is not my own. I won't entirely pass blame- I have occasionally stood in fire a smidgen too long in an attempt to get off one more heal. But normally achievements are just out of reach due to one or more individuals in the pugs that I've joined.
Pugs are constantly unable to muster up the coordination required to accomplish many of the achievements available. At times, they're too uncoordinated to even kill simple bosses.


And so, with many simple achievements and their rewards unatainable for puggers like myself, I read through "achievement X for sale for X amount of gold" advertisements with a little longing.
Trust me, I wouldn't want to simpy afk out during fights and have my achievments handed to me. But at times, after constanty running with fail pugs, I would love to join a group that has mastered all fights, allowing me to participate and to feel as though I accomplished something during the run.
However some people do purchase achievements with the primary purpose of setting autofollow and leaving the computer, expecting to come back and have ther character suddenly be elite. Those people then hit the general population with outstanding gear but still lacking the ability to play the game.
People like that set a low precident for those of us who simply want to experience fights at the level of high end raiding guilds.

No comments:

Post a Comment