I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

That was great guys, but next time lets...

It seems that every time there is a wipe, there's always a few people who feel prompted to make themselves known to the group.

Guy#1:  "ZOMG GUYS YOU SUCK SO MUCH, JUST KILL THE BOSS. FUCK!" Guy#1 is fairly useless, but definitely high on the annoying meter. He will usually be the first one to bail out. Sometimes Guy#1 feels it is his job to inform trade chat, the barrens, and his mother, that the group he was just in failed.

Guy#2: "Guys, that was a great attempt, but I think next time we should try not dying. It's that dying that's really kicking our butts. I think if we make an effort to not die that we would be able to take this boss down with no problem." Guy#2 is harmless, equally as useless as Guy#1, and not as annoying. Guy#2 likes to state the obvious, so much so that sometimes I think there's a [CPT OBVIOUS] achievement or feat of strength. (I have yet to find any proof of said achievement)

Guy#3:   /ninjalog

Guy#4: "Strategy, strategy, strategy, blah blah, strategy. Profit!" Guy#4 is usually right and some groups will subconsciously promote Guy#4 to raid leader and expect him to carry them through the rest of the instance. Other groups will completely disregard any advice he has to give and, on failing to find fire to stand in, will start up a cooking fire and stand in that.

Guy#5: "Guys, in my one group, we did blah, blah, and bugged it out and it worked great back in (four or more patches back) Lets do that for guaranteed win!" Guy#5 is useless and annoying. But groups like to listen to this guy. I believe it's the key phrase "bugged it out" that makes groups want to listen to this guy. In the end, his advise is usually useless and several of Guy#3 will make themselves known when the group fails. Again.

This was a quick list, and certainly isn't complete. Please feel free to add more to the list in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment