I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Achievement-whaat?

I am an achievement whore. I love knocking out achievements, watching the little dialog on my screen and getting grats from people who feel like sending out grats. I really enjoy the hard achievments, the ones that require skill, time, and effort on the part of several people. So when I see achievement PUGs forming, I'll usually jump on board to work on my own achievements or assist others with theirs.

Most of the time, those achievement runs are smooth and hitchless. People get out of the fire, kill what they're susposed to kill, don't kill what they're not susposed to kill and stack and scatter appropiately. Those kinds of runs can even be down right enjoyable. Unfortunately, there is a chance of ending up in a group that rocks the opposite end of the spectrum.

"Eveyone know what to do, right?"

"yeah, yeah, we got this" "OMG GO"

*que wipe

"Ok... so what are we susposed to do in phase one?"

/facepalm

For some reason, there are people who see "achievement run" in a PUG's advertisement and jumps on board for a free run. I think the reasoning is that a baddie knows that the majority of the group will be well-geared and knowledgable about the raid. Said person will attempt to blend in with everyone else who knows what to do. When an achievement run gets infiltrated by one such person, it's usually workable. The rest of the group can adapt and improvise enough to compensate for the baddie. But when an achievement run is overrun by baddies, is ceases to be about the achievements, which can be frustrating for the people who are prepared and have ended up saved to a group that will be unable to complete normal modes.

And so, Baddies, this is a request for you: PLEASE stay out of my achievement runs. I want my achievements. On "carry the baddie" days, I will gladly carry your ass to free epikz, in exchange for you staying out of my achievement runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment