I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Old content that kicks ass

I love old content. I wasn't even around when old content was new content, but I still love it. I enjoy fights that require strategy, teamwork, and skill. Encounters that you needed to research and constantly practice to become competent enough to master.

With Wrath of the Lich King came new bosses and new fights, each requiring new skills, and the old content became, well, old content. Most of it is now farmable be even the most inept players. But there are still a few dungeons with acceptably complex fights that thwart all attempts of zerging. Those are the old content fights that I enjoy the most. Fights that require the same skill from level 80's as they required from level 70's, or even 60's, back in the day when the fights were still new content.

Unfortunately, as much as I enjoy those fights and understand that they won't crumble to mere zerging, most of the population on wow seems to believe that throwing more and more 80's at a boss will do the job. And so when I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, I'll get in a group and end up /facepalming as it fails in an amazingly epic way, and then falls apart due to the fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment