I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Look Ma! No Hands!

(And I can still pull off the tank)

As a healer, I occasionally get annoyed when I watch bolts of various type of DPS smash into a mob or boss before the tank even has the opportunity to even run up and smash said critter with their weapon. And as heals, I usually just keep the offending dps class from dying as I watch them hop and run around as the tank chases after trying to regain threat.

As a tank, it's an entirely different situation. I've usually already burned one of my agro abilities as I run up to the critter and when I see that shiny bold of pure DPS pass me I have to run through the various options available to me, because I *know* whoever did it won't pause for me to build up some threat, and their early DPS will unleash the fury of anyone who was actually being kind enough to wait. Even worse than their blindingly swift ejaculation of dps all over my mob is the fact that they'll then run around the map screeching "save me, save me" but refusing to stand still and let me do so.

The frustration I feel from the realization that it's going to be one of "those" runs is quite near to the frustration any woman feels after it's over in less than thirty seconds.
DPS: it's not that common, it doesn't happen to everyone, and it *is* a big deal.
So sit back, take a deep breath, let the tank get agro, and concentrate on not pulling. The experience will be better for everyone because of it. Because lets face it- no matter how good you are, if you're dead after two seconds, you were not a contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment