I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Pissing people off

So you're in a pug, be it raid or dungeon, and somebody is being a smartass or tempers are frayed, or whatever reason- somebody finally gets pissed off and leaves. This does not include situations in which a group legitimately sucks, this is just in reference to situations where somebody antagonizes another player until they leave.

Now, when this happens with a DPS, who cares? But! when they happens with a good healer or tank(shitty healers and tanks not included in my rant) my mind is simply boggled. DPS is simple to replace- one advertisement in trade channel usually does the trick. But when it happens to quality tanks and healers, the group is FORCED to sit and wait while the leader(or dungeon finder) struggles to find a suitably qualified individual to replace them. An advertisement or two in trade will usually not suffice. The raid leader will labor to find somebody and will gradually lower the standards of what they're looking for, if only to get to group up and moving. A group can get lucky and the process only take a couple minutes. But the norm for finding a suitable tank or healer is usually around half an hour or more.

And so, knowing this, I simply cannot fail to be shocked when I observe a necessary class get harassed into leaving.
And along with my shock, I cannot fail to get a few chuckles at the suffering they have brought on themselves when a group annoys me into leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment