I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Go Guy



So today. I ran into a go-guy. Normally, they sit there and say "Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!" incessantly. I can ignore them and carry on the dungeon at my own comfortable pace. This go guy was different. Huntard type. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Todays adventures started with me logging my priest and getting stuck with a dungeon already in progress. The tank oulined what CC was to happen, placed marks, everyone said they were ready. Then we waited. I'm not sure what for. The tank might have been waiting for the dps to cc pull, and the dps were probably waiting for the tank to pull. After a couple minutes of us starring at the mobs, and them starring back, the druid decided to run up and root the square. The blue square. The blue square that the tank had previously outlined as the hunter responsibility.

The mage then tried very hard to sheep the skull, which is immune to CC. The hunter dropped a trap, at his own feet. And the tank... *sigh* the tank sat there. And sat there. And sat there. As we are all running back from the graveyard, the tank suddenly pipes up with "sorry guys, my kid needed to go potty."

Thanks, dude. You coulda just said "afk" and saved us that unnecessary wipe. The rest of the run carried on like that. It was terrible.

Ok, so my fuse was already short. back to the Go Guy.

I queued up for a random with my tank. Man. My tank so needs ilvl gear and to get into heroics. Seriously. Everytime I'm on my priest, tank gear drops. And whenever I'm on my tank, caster and dps crap. RNG sucks. But I digress. I queued up and got stuck with another dungeon in progress. I zoned in. Grim Baton. Thankfully, not in the middle of a pull. I examine my group for CC's- Boomchicken, warrior, hunter, shammy. Ok... so- trap, hex, and that one tornado thing druids can do. Not to bad.

Fíx from Arthas
I looked at the pull in front of me to start putting marks. All mobs- full health. I figure, maybe they missed that one. I check out the next pull. Full health. I check out a group a few pulls down- full health. I turned around to look for the dragons- gone. I seriously don't know what the fuck they were doing while riding the dragons. The scenery isn't that damned amazing. So after facepalming, resolving myself to a VERY long run, and turning back to the group in front of me to decide CC and marks, the Go Guy makes himself known.

Another facepalm, then I ignore him and get back to choosing marks.

Lo and behold. The huntarded Go Guy decides to randomly throw a trap into the group.

My resolve crumbled. I turned tail and ran out of the dungeon. I can generally tank and heal oops. I can occasionally tank and heal WTF?! also. But I simply refuse to tank and heal stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment