I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mechanics are hard.

Recount - Calling out terribads


Guess what, ya twit? NOBODY CARES.

Most of these bosses has fairly simple mechanics: move out of fire(or other random puddles of evil goop) move away from adds, kill targets in order of A,B,C, move out of more fire, or goop. Most people have got it down. We have relearned that fire burns and that goop will melt our faces off, even though it's on our feet. We've learned that when we're not the tank, we shouldn't be provoking critters in dungeons, lest they come and smash us with a with a [Can-o-Whoopass]



But it seems, even quite awhile after cata release, that scrubs are still scrubs. (Bringing more proof to the fact that you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a damned pig) Even after a fight is explained, carefully outlined, there is always that one guy who refuses to follow a simple mechanic.

"Run away! Run away, run away, runaw-!" KABOOM. "shit."

Worse than not running away from a mob that will blow you to smithereens upon contact, is running two meters. TO THE HEALER. Seriously. This terribad. He didn't run from the first one. Got blown up. THEN. The next one he runs to me, and stands there till it blows us both up. I tried to run. But by the time I registered that he really was actually that bad, I was already burnt to a crisp.

We survived. Then this tool had the nerve to post recount like he was a badass and leave. Total scrub. Guess what, Aveera from Kargath, NOBODY FUCKING CARES. If you can't follow a simple mechanic, you're a hindrance, not an asset.

No comments:

Post a Comment