I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the PUGly



There are groups that are so fantastical, it's like those little walkways in the airport. You just sail along, zipping past the people sitting waiting for their planes, and blasting past the people stumbling around while texting on their cell phones. It's like being on the fast track to awesomeville. With lots of purple loot waiting for you at your destination.

Then there are groups that also feel like being on one of those walkways.... if it suddenly and sporadically switched between running forward and running in reverse.

Sometimes, there are groups that are a combination of both, combining both good people and bad people. You stick with it because the good outweighs the bad, or the goods just get sick of the baddies and vote them off the island.



This is a story about voting a retardadin off the island.

I jumped into a nice little pug on my shaman healer. I'm heirloomed, the tank is heirloomed, I think a couple others were as well. The run started with a collective /facepalm when we all loaded into gnomeregan. We bounced on over to the first boss and giggled a bit as somebody died to a cave in after the little gnome yelled out "OMG RUN AWAY!!!". After that, the retardadin began to make himself known. He lagged behind us to do something(no clue what) and died when he got lost. Then, he started needing on everything. My curiosity was peaked when he needed a stam cloak, but being a pally, I assumed it was for os. Then I watched him need a spirit hat.

Oh yes.

You know shenanigans and drama ensued.

Now, trust me, I do understand they're crappy little greens. There's is no denying that. And hell, nobody in the group even needed them for upgrades. Had we won a greed roll, we all would have probably vendored them asap. But, considering the previously demonstrated uselessness of this individual, and the fact that he displayed no remorse or willingness to change his erroneous ways, a kick was as appropriate as it was inevitable.

I'd like to go on to /cheer at Zagat - Silver Hand server. I completely agree that tanks and healers don't have to put up with any bullshit from dps, and I'm usually the one to say that to them(you beat me to the punch) Some people bitch and moan and tell us to get off our high horses, but they can go ahead and kiss my horses ass. The reality, whether dps likes to admit it or not,  is that the ratio of healers and tanks to dps is such that the good ones really don't have to deal with any crap. We can replace scrubs in the blink of an eye. Scrubs have a much more difficult time trying to replace us.

No comments:

Post a Comment