I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Friday, January 7, 2011

"oops"

So I had another fantastically fail pug yesterday. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite so fail that it was a group that required me to leave and re-queue. So I stuck with it.

Our makeup-A fresh, bright faced DK tank, a rogue, a warlock, and a huntard. Imma stress that last one. A huntard was in that pug.

Our instance- Grim Batol, regular mode. I don't know why I'm still doing regular's- I have more than sufficient ilvl. I just worry about running into a group that fails as hardcore on heroic and they currently are on regular. After last nights group, however, I think that I am just about ready to move on to heroics.

We started the run off with the tank running headfirst into the first pat without any cc. And without moving the adds out of puddles that buffed them. We managed to kill them all(surprisingly) and then the first rogue bailed. At that point, while we're waiting for another dps, the huntard threw a trap at the next pull while I was still drinking. The DK then compensated for a pull without a full group while the healer isn't topped off by throwing down DD in the middle of the group. For those of you not familiar with Grim Batol, the second pull without CC looks like this:



About halfway through it, the dps spot got filled and we got another rogue. Somehow, even with DD up, mobs were breaking loose. It might have had something to do with each dps targeting a different mob. But I'm just a healer, what do I know? Anyhow, we managed to survive that one as well. If a GM had been watching, he probably would have banned us all for hacks, cause there's no way we should have survived.

Next pull... Again, while I'm drinking. I had gone oom the previous pull(doh!) and was at like... 25% when the huntard lobbed another trap and the dk dropped another DD. Awesome. I continued drinking until the dk's health had fallen as far as I was comfortable with then jumped into combat with 60-75% mana and healed them all up. The drake run.... Ugh. I dunno who was doing it, but somebody was wasting hits on the groups that nobody ever clears, leaving other groups with lots of delicious hp.

Ok, so the run continued like that. It was terrible. First boss we managed to take out without... too much of a problem. Second boss, though. Second boss is where my left lower eyelid really started to twitch. The huntard was kind enough to explain that when the boss pops his shield, people need to attack from behind, but neglected to explain the rest of the fight. I'm just thankful he didn't pop his mace out and roflstomp the group. The huntard was also then kind enough to stand in a cave in. THE ENTIRE FIGHT.

I did what any mana conscious healer in cata should do: I let him die. To be fair, the boss had maybe around 25% hp left, and I was confident in the other dps's ability to bring him down. So yeah, I let the moron die.

Sorry guy, I didn't have enough spell penetration to get through the rocks that were falling on your head. Mybad.










He then sent me a nice little tell-
.
Yeah. Imma get right on that

This guy then kept up the "Heal me" mantra the rest of the dungeon. Too hard for him to eat when he see's me drinking after a pull. Any heals beyond that point were accidental aoe heals intended for other party members, and a topoff before bosses, which the group then proceeded to pull while I was still drinking from toping them off.

Third boss- The huntard again provided an awesome and elaborate explanation, detailing every aspect of the fight.

Uuuhhhh... What about the puddle of evil goop that you're not supposed to stand in?mmmmm. so awesome.

Nevermind. I see the group wants to stand in the goop for that sweet buff it gives. OH! And not kill one of those "he really hits hard" adds. Two party members died that time, the huntard and the rogue. I didn't mean for them to die, but I was really busy spamming everything I had on the tank who was standing in a puddle of the dragons awesomesauce.

The dungeon carried on and finished with more of the same. All in all, it was an INCREDIBLY long dungeon. And because of it, I didn't have time to run another one and get badges for my paladin. But, on the plus side, my mood was improved just by the single "oops" I gave. I was considering tossing in the "spell pen" comment that I tagged to the picture above, but decided against it. It still makes me lol though.

In other news. I am redoing my UI and will post a screenshot when it is completed, along with a list of addons used and detailed instructions on how to achiev the same. Then I'll be submitting the whole thing to wow interfaces UI of the week thing. Hopefully get some more traffic, since the whale shark guide wasn't up to par for mmo champions guide contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment