I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Monday, December 12, 2011

SWTOR vs. WOW

SWTOR has lightsabers. End of story. Here's to hoping this doesn't turn out to be another Rift.
Don't get me wrong, Rift was fun, I enjoyed the time I spent there. But it didn't manage to hold me. In fact, I was back to wow within two months. When I was playing it, I just felt like something was missing. I still, to this day, don't know what it was. No idea.

But Star Wars... Star Wars has potential. Forget that I'm a complete Star Wars fangirl. Forget that I've been yearning for an awesome Star Wars game. Galaxies didn't cut it. We're not even gonna talk about galaxies. SWTOR: I got my beta invite, and I was having a blast. I tried a bunch of different classes and was just enjoying the hell out of them all. The starting areas and story lines are amazing. When playing it, it feels like a mmorpg, but it also feels like MY story. The game makes you feel like this is YOUR adventure. There's one small detail that I really liked and that, again, made it feel like it was "all about me": The crawl. Occasionally, on a loading screen, the star wars crawl popped up, and it was about me and my adventures. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!

...I was excited.

Still am. I'm so antsy for the game to come out. I feel like a fat kid outside a cake store right before they open. I feel like I do when I'm at the front of the line at Blizzcon right before they open the doors.
Fingers crossed that SWTOR measures up and delivers!

No comments:

Post a Comment