I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wait.... what?

That screenshot is fairly self explanatory. Doesn't even need a caption. You know a picture's good when it doesn't need a caption.

Sometimes I get in PUGs where people say the damnedest things. Gotta do a double take cause whatever they said was either so stupid, or so unrelated to the current conversation that I get a little "WTF?" bubble above my head IRL.

The situation that prompted this post happened in one of the new dungeons- the ones that feel the the dungeons did at the end of Wrath. The group was fairly decent, aside from being on the low end of dps and the tank facing the demons towards the group. I was healing, so the entire group taking about half their HP in damage every 15 or seconds was a bit annoying. After the first few times, I moved myself behind them so I could focus on the group and not myself. Anyhow, then somebody was all "hey, tank is out-dpsing the dps- lol!"

You can see what happened from there. When I attempted to explain how to not damage the whole group, he responded with "there not dragons".

...what?

Who cares if they're not dragons? It's a mechanic. You see wave of pewpew killing everyone, you turn whatever critter away from the group, even if it's a squirrel.*
Especially THIS squirrel.
*Exceptions of course being that one guy in that one raid where the wave needs to be split by the entire raid in order to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment