I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Friday, December 24, 2010

A prime example of a bad.

So Ricket FINALLY popped up and I took my little priest up to the jadefang alcove to camp for my minipet. I decided I didn't want to just be sitting there for HOURS doing nothing, so I joined a queue. After a bit it popped- "Dungeon is in progress"

Well that means the group either failed altogether, or the healer got pissed off and left. I really don't like joining dungeons in progress because of the recipe for epic failure. I took a deep breath, pressed accept, and promptly got smacked in the face with a terribad.

THIS is what I saw when I loaded in to the middle of grim batol. I know it's not a particularly difficult dungeon, but healing it is massively easier when there's some kind of CC up and running, and since this group had a mage and a lock, keeping CC up should have been no issue.

Well the baddie from the group was the tank. Thought I should point that out.They're the worst kind of bad, because groups will be reluctant to kick them out for their badness. Nobody wants to wait for a tank to queue in.

Moving along. The lock and the mage did use their CC things and it was going fairly smoothly, till this bad ran up to a group before they could CC and started letting all the mobs smack him. After healing him through the pounding he was willingly taking and nearly going completely oom, he decided it was a good time to pipe up with a "see, we don't need CC" comment.

Bads. Please, Please, PLEASE L2P!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment