I am not a dedicated raider, but I love raiding. Since I can never commit to the raiding schedules that guilds require of their raiders, I am in a constant state of pugging. When I'm not actively in a pug, I am scanning the trade channel looking for one that will have all the qualities required to be successful- gear, experience, patience, and maybe a little bit of luck. When I find such a group, I'm ecstatic. But more often than not, I face group after group of impatient, inexperienced, and under geared scrubs who simply want to be carried to the final boss so they can get their [EPIC LOOT] Those groups often end in a way that everyone who has ever pugged is familiar with- people getting frustrated and leaving. But every now and then, there is a group that fails so bad, the fail is almost a win, in and of itself, for being such a unique level of fail.

Those are the groups this blog is about.

Monday, December 13, 2010

When the lfg system isn't enough...

Back in the day, which was a wednesday, btw, when you wanted to find a group you searched in trade chat, or in the local zone where you were. You found dps quickly, then struggled to pull in a tank and a healer as well. Then the party attempted to figure out who was going to go to the actual dungeon to summon people there. Nobody wanted to do it. Usually, by the time the group was formed and everyone was summoned, somebody would key in with a helpful "guys, I gotta go soon, so lets hurry." The group would then be rushed to try and complete BRD, and would wipe. Somebody would inevitably get lost running back from the graveyard-usually the guy who just HAD to be summoned. The group would then be demolished.

The whole process was rather time consuming, annoying, and tedious.

Blizzard then saw fit to introduce the lfg system, and all our problems were solved. Mostly.



*sigh* But Blizzard did manage to sort through those issues, and the lfg system is, from my perspective, a huge success. As a healer and a tank, I am able to find a group quickly by using it. Yeah, yeah, insert dps qq right here. Whatever.

At least, I thought it was whatever. Then, I started getting these lovely little tells from random people:

...wtf? Dude. I'm busy. Questing, AH-ing, Filing my nails. Whatever. Does it really matter? If I wanted to be in a group, I would be, by merely clicking the join queue button and blinking. Why would I even dream of grouping with somebody too lazy or stupid to use the lfg system? And thank you for fitting your huntard stereotype.

I suppose I can sympathize with people who don't wan't to be stuck with a bunch of randoms. PUGs suck, there's no denying that. But /who-ing to try to get a group is no better. If you're really that sick of the groups you get with the lfg system, consider using your guild. At the very least, please annoy only people in your friends list who have approved you to annoy them. If all else fails.... do quests. Amazingly enough, you can actually get xp from those. (who knew?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment